Small Cities Development Program (SCDP) Available for Public Infrastructure, Housing, and Commercial Rehabilitation Projects
- Small Cities Development Program (SCDP)
NAME OF THE ORGANIZATION PROVIDING THE GRANT:
- Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED)
- The SCDP helps eligible communities with funding to improve their public infrastructure, housing, or commercial rehabilitation projects.
- Communities with at least 51% Low to Moderate Income (LMI) residents
- Cities with fewer than 50,000 residents and counties with fewer than 200,000 residents
WHAT IT’S FOR:
- The SCDP gives eligible communities the opportunity to revitalize, expand, and upgrade their physical infrastructure.
- Funds from the SCDP can be used to address the following activities:
- Public facility improvements: Funds are granted for wastewater treatment projects, including collection systems and treatment plants; wells, water towers, and distribution systems.
- Community center/facility
- Housing rehabilitation
- Commercial rehabilitation
TYPE OF FUNDING:
- This funding assistance is provided through a grant. The maximum grant award for a Single Purpose project is $600,000. The maximum grant award for a Comprehensive project is $1.4 million.
APPLICATION PROCESS AND DEADLINE:
- Two-Step Process: Pre-application and Full-application
- Pre-applications for 2021 funding are due in fall of 2020.
- The SCDP application and details are available at https://mn.gov/deed/government/financial-assistance/community-funding/small-cities.jsp
To discuss project proposals in further detail, contact Widseth Funding Specialist Gail Leverson at Gail.Leverson@widseth.com or 218-308-2604. She will work with you to properly complete the application.