Widseth’s scientists have completed several brownfield projects from large industrial complexes to small pesticide release sites. We provide many types of environmental service for the following programs and plans:
- Environmental Site Assessments (ESA)
- Voluntary Investigation and Clean-up (VIC)
- Development Response Action Plans (DRAPs)
- Drilling investigations
- Construction observation for hazardous and contaminated materials
- Erosion control planning and observation
- Corrective action excavation reporting
Compliance and Permitting
Our environmental scientists prepare necessary applications and documents, negotiate with regulatory agencies, and coordinate permit approvals for projects.
Widseth’s environmental scientists perform Environmental Assessment Worksheets (EAW) and Environmental Impact Statements (EIS) to examine how a project may impact wetlands, wildlife, groundwater, transportation, farmland, and residents.
We have a team of certified wetland specialists that know the rules and regulations of wetlands and the best ways to protect them. In addition to wetland expertise, we also have a strong background in the supporting sciences of hydrology, soil science, and ecology. Our environmental services staff is trained in current field methods, restoration and creation technologies, and regulatory compliance assistance.
- Wetland identification (delineations and demarcations)
- Vegetation inventory
- Permits, exemptions, and no-loss determinations
- Local, state, and federal applications
- Replacement plans and mitigation strategies
- Created and restored wetland designs
- Wetland monitoring
- Function and value assessments
- Wetland banking applications
- Ordinary high-water level evaluations
The Whitefish Chain of Lakes is a major economic driver for the City of Crosslake. To help protect this vital…
Happy Earth Day! Here’s a list of things you can do to celebrate.
Widseth’s Digi-Key Electronics Product Distribution Center Expansion project recently received an American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) of Minnesota Grand…
Only 2.5% of all water on Earth is fresh water. Wetlands hold most of this water and naturally filter out…
The 38th annual Red River Basin Land & Water International Summit Conference will be held as a virtual event on January 21st. “Common…